Les Rencontres de la transition industrielle #3 – ADEME webinar – low-carbon investments, deindustrialization and carbon footprint
Two key studies to analyze the international challenges of decarbonizing industry:
International benchmark of the main low-carbon investments in industry (ADEME)
Study on the impact of deindustrialization on France’s carbon footprint (UNIDEN)
September 2nd, 2021 from 2 pm to 4 pm
To register for the webinar, click here
- Introduction of the webinar, by Valentin Devriès, Deputy Director of Business and Industrial Transitions, ADEME.
- Two key studies to analyze the international challenges faced by industrial decarbonization, led by Aude-Claire Houdon, Industry Department Engineer, ADEME.
- Identification of the main low-carbon investments in the processing industry in France and abroad, final restitution, by Mihai Petcu and Jean-Claude Migette, CODA Stratégies.
- Industrial redeployment, a social and economic issue and an instrument to control our carbon footprint. Study of the impact of deindustrialization on France’s carbon footprint, presented by Raphaëlle Imbault, UNIDEN and Rokhaya Dieye, Deloitte.
- Q&As with participants
- News and updates on ADEME’s initiatives in favor of industrial transition, by Cyrielle Borde, Deputy Head of the Industry Department, ADEME.
- Conclusions of the webinar
Synopsis: The French industry is facing real challenges to achieve the goals set in terms of decarbonization by 2050, all the more as it operates within a highly competitive international context. Two key studies will allow for an analysis of the international stakes, through an international benchmark of the main low-carbon industrial investments carried out by ADEME on the one hand, and through the study of the impact of deindustrialization on the French carbon footprint carried out by UNIDEN, on the other hand.
This 2 hour webinar is aimed at manufacturers, professional federations, financial analysts, consultants, think tanks, NGOs, public authorities and elected officials from industrial areas.
The Rencontres de la transition industrielle – the concept
In 2021, ADEME is offering a series of webinars to learn more about the challenges of industrial transition. These digital meetings will cover a number of topics such as sectoral analysis of the industrial sector, insights into decarbonation technologies, the evolution of national and European regulations and their impact on industry, the involvement of financial stakeholders in the industrial transition, etc.
Learn more about the previous webinar
These events are organized as part of the Finance ClimAct project, which is supported the LIFE program of the European Commission and thus allowing the development of:
- The ACT (Assessing low-Carbon Transition) methodology for financial stakeholders. This year, the methodology is also extended to new industrial sectors (aluminum, glass, paper-cardboard).
- The Sectoral Transition Plans, which contribute to the implementation of France’s National Low Carbon Strategy (SNBC) in 9 energy-intensive industrial sectors.
- Synthesis of the first technical economic results of the Cement Sectoral Transition Plan.