Les Rencontres de la transition industrielle – ADEME Webinar
Events to comeX
Decarbonizing the cement industry in 2050: Final restitution of the Sectoral Transition Plan
July 1st, 2021 from 2:30 pm to 5 pm
To register for the webinar, click here
by David Marchal, Deputy Executive Director for Expertise and Programs, ADEME
- News and updates on ADEME’s initiatives in favor of industrial transition (France Relance, French voluntary program, ACT, …)
by Cyrielle Borde, Deputy Head of the Industry Department, ADEME
- Decarbonizing the cement industry in 2050: Final restitution of the Sectoral Transition Plan conducted by ADEME
Presented in two parts by Elliot Mari, Engineer, Industry Department, ADEME and Sylvain Sourisseau Economist, Industry Departement, ADEME
- Round table: How to achieve the decarbonization of the cement industry by 2050?
Moderated by David Marchal, Deputy Executive Director for Expertise and Programs, ADEME, with the participation of Eric Bourdon, Deputy General Director, VICAT, Christian Cremona, Technical Director for Structures and Materials Engineering, Bouygues Construction and Christophe Rodriguez, Deputy General Director, Institut Français pour la performance du bâtiment.
Synopsis: The cement industry is a particularly difficult sector to decarbonize. A favorable regulatory and commercial environment, as well as specific financial incentives are needed leverage decarbonization. The Cement Sectoral Transition Plan has made it possible to explore decarbonization trajectories and to propose courses of action to be implemented along the sector’s value chain in order to achieve the emission reduction targets set by the SNBC by 2050.
The roundtable will shed light on the actions that key players in the sector intend to implement.
This 2 hour and 30 minute webinar is aimed at manufacturers, professional federations, financial analysts, consultants, think tanks, NGOs, public authorities and elected officials from industrial areas.
The Rencontres de la transition industrielle – the concept
In 2021, ADEME is offering a series of webinars to learn more about the challenges of industrial transition. These digital meetings will cover a number of topics such as sectoral analysis of the industrial sector, insights into decarbonation technologies, the evolution of national and European regulations and their impact on industry, the involvement of financial stakeholders in the industrial transition, etc.
Learn more about the previous webinar
These events are organized as part of the Finance ClimAct project, which is supported the LIFE program of the European Commission and thus allowing the development of:
- The ACT (Assessing low-Carbon Transition) methodology for financial stakeholders. This year, the methodology is also extended to new industrial sectors (aluminum, glass, paper-cardboard).
- The Sectoral Transition Plans, which contribute to the implementation of France’s National Low Carbon Strategy (SNBC) in 9 energy-intensive industrial sectors.